Last week's meeting was attended by fifteen people and we had great discussions and ideas. At this point we have decided the following:
- We will have four dances a year, in March, June, September and December. Different people will be in charge of organizing them each time. We will need people to help with different areas of responsibility for each of those dances, and those opportunities will be sent out as each dance approaches.
- In addition to dances, there will be opportunities for people to get together using more of an informal approach. All members are welcome to organize activities like hiking, canoeing and paddle boating at Shawnee Mission Park, Happy Hours on Friday nights, going to movies together, etc. The list is endless as to things people might want to do to put a group together to do an activity. Those opportunities can be communicated to everyone via this newsletter.
- I will continue to send out a monthly newsletter until we find someone interested in taking over. If you are, please, contact me.
- For now, be on the lookout for more information on the St. Patrick's Dance, on March 18. Sharon Johnson is in charge of organizing this one and she will be asking for your help soon.
- We look forward to a new and prosperous 2017, and to opportunities for fellowship through social, spiritual, and service work.